Every Friday, the PQ Weekly Roundup collects the most shared links in our social media network—bookish articles, reviews, quizzes, recommendations and more—in convenient digest form.
- Don’t forget—Ontario writers can apply to the Ontario Arts Council’s Recommender Grants for Writers. Find out more about eligibility and application processes—and apply—on the OAC website.
- How come books are pretty much always the same size and shape? Book Riot dives in and does some research on the “golden rectangle”.
- I probably don’t have to sell you on the benefits of reading before bed. But among the many correlations, bedtime readers often sleep well, eat healthy and … make more money?
- Events recap time! Devil’s Artisan Editor Don McLeod brought back a bunch of cool pictures from the Coach House Wayzgoose in Toronto. Check out the action!
- Then we’ve got a write up the Fisher Small and Fine Press Fair, where yours truly chatted up the vendors to find out what’s hip and happening. Read all about it on the blog.
And that’s it for today’s weekly roundup. Don’t forget—if you’re not ready to let the bookish fun end, you can head on over to the Dora Keogh Pub in Toronto this Sunday afternoon for the launch of Daniel Bryant’s book Rerouted. It’s going to be a great night!
Leave a Reply