- I’ve gone and done it now. I’ve outed myself as a bookish sinner. If you haven’t read of my not-so-shameful book- and reading-related trespasses, you can learn all about them here on the blog.
- Armchair travellers & NYC book lovers will appreciate this little profile of the archetypical neighbourhood bookstore, Three Lives & Company in Greenwich Village.
- If you’re a writer, you’ve probably struggled at some point to introduce nuance and motivation into the people populating your stories. Here’s an interesting tool you might use to help you create believable characters.
- All hail machine learning, which has just determined how much of Shakespeare’s Henry VIII was written by someone else.
- Not up to braving the Black Friday crows? Stay in and test yourself, with this quiz that asks you to match the subtitle with the famous book. (Good luck—it’s a tough one!)
Hope all our American friends had a happy Thanksgiving. Now everyone, stay safe on Black Friday. We also encourage you all to participate in Small Business Saturday and to “shop small” with your local indies. (And, if you’re so inclined, we’re pretty small and indie, too. Just sayin’!)