- It’s sad to hear that Stratford, Ontario mainstay Book Stage is closing its retail bookstore. In an effort to empty some bookshelves, they’re running a big sale this December, including many rare treasures. The deal is 25% off single books and 50% off 5+ books (at $100 or more). Here are the hours and location for Book Stage if you want to make the trip.
- The latest issue of the Devil’s Artisan could be in your hands very soon! Digital copies are available now, and you can order a print copy today—or grab one at the Bound Book Arts Fair in Toronto this weekend.
- Science fiction and fantasy fans will find lots to look forward to in this exhaustive list of book to movie adaptations in the works. See if your favourites are going to be coming to the screen soon.
- Sometimes it’s hard to get through a really long read. But apparently, if you’ve got one on your to-read list, December is the best month to tackle that gigantic book. Here’s why.
- And finally, in case you’ve missed it, we posted an update on what’s new and exciting at the Porcupine’s Quill this month. And (spoiler alert!) there’s some information about upcoming December giveaways!
Getting sick of the gloomy weather down here in Southwestern Ontario. Seriously—I think we had about twenty minutes of partly sunny skies for all of twenty minutes on Thursday morning. I’m going to have to insist on cozying up with a book this weekend to combat the dreariness.
Have a great weekend,