Every Friday, the PQ Weekly Roundup collects the most shared links in our social media network—bookish articles, reviews, quizzes, recommendations and more—in convenient digest form.
- “If you’re into disassociation, hire your inner critic to be your copy editor. But do not let her write.” Some sound advice if you find your inner perfectionist derailing you every time you try to write.
- Sometimes after the drama and craziness of the holidays, you just need a good laugh. These comedy books might be just the ticket.
- If you want your laugh to be more immediate and slightly more full of Schadenfreude, take a gander at this collection of people who are just having a really hard time finding the right word.
- Switching gears to something a bit more serious…. Here’s a great essay by Philip Pullman on the “sonic beauty and expert storytelling” of John Milton’s Paradise Lost. (This is a topic I’ve been thinking about a lot lately, as the book features heavily in Ed Seaward’s upcoming book Fair.)
- If the end-of-the-year vibes going on have you looking for book recommendations fix, here are some highlights over at LitHub.
Hope you all are having a lovely holiday season full of family, friends, and a good book or two!
Have a great Friday,
Leave a Reply