- If you’re looking to downsize your book collection, here are five ways to recycle your unwanted volumes.
- Reiterating what authors—and fans of attending literary readings—already suspect: that there is power in reading aloud, and value in the tradition of oral storytelling that many have forgotten.
- Here’s a lovely special feature on Annick Press, the Canadian children’s book publisher whose books have captured imaginations since 1975.
- An eye-opening look at Amazon’s ever-increasing stranglehold on the book industry and its work “creating a marketplace that omits publishers altogether.”
- And finally, I just find it delightful that Alberto Manguel wrote a book about his favourite literary characters and how they inspired him.
Hope you enjoyed this week’s roundup. Check back next week for more awesome book and reading links to take you into the weekend.