- I was heartened to learn that so many writers have unshakable Font Opinions. Apparently (according to The Guardian), Times New Roman conquers.
- Many book lovers dream of one day working in a bookstore and doing nothing but reading and talking to people about books all day. But the reality of working in a bookstore may be far from the fantasy…
- This essay touches on the enemies of writing, including “the fear of moral judgment, public shaming, social ridicule, and ostracism … of landing on the wrong side of whatever group matters to you.”
- Philip Pullman is calling for a boycott of a new 50p coin because he says it is ‘missing’ Oxford comma. I admire this kind of passion for punctuation.
- And finally, your porcupette confesses the tyranny of the check mark, her slavish devotion to her reading list … and why she’s sort of OK with the whole thing.
Thanks for stopping by to read our best bookish links of the week. Have a wonderful, cozy, book-filled weekend.