- The words we consider most shocking, tasteless or offensive varies wildly by place and time. An interesting article on the relativity of cuss words.
- I am exceedingly impressed by the ability to recover and preserve books that would otherwise be lost to history.
- Some Native American groups are protesting the online dissemination of photographs and recordings of “culturally sensitive material”, much of which they claim was taken without consent. Brings about some ethical questions regarding the public domain.
- More bookish musings of dubious value from the porcupette. This time: size matters (literarily speaking).
- And finally, bask in these 47 Canadian fiction recommendations for the spring. Most everyone will find something they can look forward to reading!
Hope you enjoyed these book and reading links this week. Thanks for stopping by to see what’s new. See you back here next week!