- Novels about fictional epidemics are booming. Is anyone surprised? Is it the collective obsession of the moment, or is it that the books have a real ending—presumably a happy/hopeful one?
- These facts about ghostwriting are pretty eye-opening, and it’s useful for writers to understand some of the possible pitfalls before taking on any ghostwriting work.
- Words like cringle, pintle, gudgeon and chock—all part of the vocabulary of sailing—are strangely quaint and delightful. Tell me more!
- Spring break travel plans cancelled? No problem. Go on a journey of the imagination with these books.
- “Libraries Could Preserve Ebooks Forever, But Greedy Publishers Won’t Let Them” is such a wildly inflammatory headline. But this article does identify a new pain point for modern library users—ebook holds—that it is in everyone’s best interests to address. Surely there is some middle ground in which libraries and publishers can support each other and improve readers’ experience.
Now more than ever I’m finding the importance of unplugging, stepping away from the never-ending news cycle, and spending some quality time with good old-fashioned books. Hope your weekend is a time of relaxation and good stories!