- Though her book Seeking Shade isn’t out just yet, Frances Boyle undauntedly shared with Open Book her experience writing her latest short story collection.
- It’s easy to forget that April is National Poetry Month. But consider tearing yourself away from the news and reading a sonnet a day, like Patrick Stewart.
- Everybody needs book recommendations nowadays, and the shortlist for the 2020 International Booker Prize seems like a good place to start.
- It’s hard to see how COVID-19 is affecting small businesses. Even large ones are struggling—recent news reports state Indigo laid off 5,200 store employees due to the pandemic.
- The idea of “book buddies” to ease loneliness seems like a winner in our self-isolating times.
We made it to April, Quill fans! I highly recommend taking the time to digest some poetry. It might just be therapeutic! If you’d like a starting point, check PQL Publisher Tim Inkster’s Top Poetry Picks.