The Essential Poets Series preserves the work of Canada’s most celebrated poets in a package that is beautiful, accessible, and affordable. There are currently twenty volumes in the series. Highlights include:
The Essential P. K. Page
selected by Arlene Lampert & Théa Gray
The Essential Tom Marshall
selected by David Helwig & Michael Ondaatje
The Essential Travis Lane
selected by Shane Neilson
The Essential Kay Smith
selected by Michael Oliver
- The series preserves some of Canada’s unique poetic voices and prevents these one-time pillars of the canon from being forgotten by new generations.
- Each volume includes a critical introduction, an extended biography, a bibliography and fifty pages of the poet’s most compelling, unique or well-known poetry
- Volumes are well designed, durable and inexpensive.
What people are saying:
‘The Porcupine’s Quill’s series of Essential collections … is a valuable part of the critical conversation about the shape and scope of poets’ oeuvres and of Canadian poetic history.’ —Nicholas Bradley, Canadian Literature
Where to get it:
- Print copies of each volume are available through your favourite bookseller or through our AbeBooks virtual store.
- Digital copies are available directly from us through the Porcupine’s Quill eStore.
Info to go:
Need a handy, one-page flyer with information on all current volumes? We’ve got you covered. Download the flyer here:
Hope you’re enjoying all the poetry in the air this National Poetry Month! Be sure to browse the rest of our awesome poetry titles as well for more poetic fun.