- Nick Tooke virtually launched his debut novel, The Ballad of Samuel Hewitt, over on 49th Shelf’s “Launchpad” with a Q&A and a video reading. Check it out, and don’t forget to pick up a print copy or ebook!
- Have you heard the term “Grangerization” when it comes to books? No? Learn about it here. I’m appalled and intrigued at the same time.
- “The stories [in Naming the Shadows] are a must read for anyone who enjoys the challenge and the triumph of glimpsing the truth in family relations…” Take a look at this review of Sharon Berg’s short story collection in Prairie Fire.
- I’ve always admired people brave enough to give a poor review of a book, as long as it’s an educated opinion. But these one-star reviews of the dictionary are a bit … brash to say the least.
- And last but certainly not least, we’re highlighting our beautiful Essential Poetry Series on the blog to remind you of the need to preserve Canada’s celebrated poets this National Poetry Month.
Whew, another week bites the dust. Hope you’re enjoying all the poetry recommendations on the web this National Poetry Month, and finding lots of new favourites to add to your shelves.