- I think we can all agree that mental health is an especially important issue right now. In honour of Mental Health Week, CBC Books put together a list of eighteen Canadian books that explore the topic of mental health.
- I don’t know about you, but I’ve seen a fair few “credibility bookcases” serving as a background for interviews and video calls. Personally, I find it fascinating to ogle people’s books, even though I acknowledge the selection is likely very carefully curated. Where do you stand?
- May 4th marked the 155 anniversary of Alice tumbling down the rabbit hole. In honour of the event, Lit Hub shared a selection of beautiful artwork illustrating Alice in Wonderland. (And we shared an interpretation by one of our own PQL artists.)
- Who are the Canadian writers to watch right now? The Writers’ Trust named their 2020 Rising Stars.
- And last but not least, we shared what we’ll be working on this May in our most recent newsletter. Catch up, why dontcha!
How are you hanging in there, Quill friends? We hope you’re healthy, happy and stocked with enough books for the foreseeable future. (And if you’re not, well, we can help with that last one.)